Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 10 Vote(s) - 2.6 Average
Amnesia: A Machine For Pigs Discussion Topic Part 4
Cuyir Offline

Threads: 1
RE: Amnesia: A Machine For Pigs Discussion Topic Part 4

@Solarn: That's what I loved about the Penumbra series they

Spoiler below!
did the whole alien, supreme entities thing there much better than they did in A:TDD. It made me roll my eyes from time to time (in A:TDD), while in the Penumbra series it was a ''HOLY SHIT'' moment. Plus the stakes were much higher in Penumbra. I didn't get a sense of dread concerning what would happen if Alexander and The Shadow went into the world and caused chaos. Alexander was just an alien entity with girl problems...which was hilarious (assuming ''his love'' is a romantic person in his life in the other dimension or just his home...or whatever lol).

Penumbra on the other hand, the tuurngait seemed dangerous to the whole world.

In the end, A:TDD just felt too Lovecraft tribute-y, which started being good and then just turned uninteresting when the narrative shifted from the origins of the orb and focused on the present situations.

A:AMFP, so far, is showing how damned good TCR is at writing AND creating a thick atmosphere.
(This post was last modified: 09-11-2013, 02:41 PM by Cuyir.)
09-11-2013, 02:39 PM
Find

Messages In This Thread
Nopes. - by felixmole - 09-04-2013, 05:30 PM
RE: Amnesia: A Machine For Pigs Discussion Topic Part 4 - by Cuyir - 09-11-2013, 02:39 PM