Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 16 Vote(s) - 2.25 Average
Opinions on how TCR & FG are dealing with AAMFP criticism
Ghieri Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 8
RE: Edge Article by Jessica Curry on games diversity

(09-20-2013, 08:05 PM)chineseroom Wrote:
(09-20-2013, 07:21 PM)Paddy Wrote: It's not so much an article on diversity in games as it is a giant hand, waving away any and all criticism.

I already talked about the article in the Review thread so I'll shut up now.

I love Jess, she's always such a warm, bright, talented, and all-around lovely person and I think I have some sort of weird fanboy crush on her. But fuck this article.

Really folks? We're not allowed to have a response to the fucking brainless bullshit that's been lobbed in our direction? I think Jess was pretty damn generous, way more charitable than I would have been if it was me writing it. The inability of some people to escape from this "it has to be exactly as it was before or it's shit" mentality is downright depressing.1. This is not saying we can't take criticism, and that's in no way what is being said in the article. What Jess is staying is critique it, yes, do, by all means, but critique it 2. intelligently, not through this weird defensive all-difference-seeks-to-destroy-our-medium cock.

3 I'm 40. I've been playing and loving games since long before half the people telling us we are anti-games were even the dream of a zygote in their parents underwear.

This isn't a response to you Paddy, btw, just an opportune place to post.

1. This is exactly you saying you can't take criticism.
2. Are you even reading the same reviewers I am? Most of them like the games positive aspects, and are pointing out the negative. Or by intelligently, do you mean "agree with me?"
3. Going on 5? I mean, what the hell did you expect by making a niche game? Even a niche game whose design isn't meant to appeal to the original niche audience of Amnesia. That's niche-ception.

[Image: tumblr_n6m5lsQThQ1qc99nxo1_250.gif]
(This post was last modified: 09-20-2013, 08:30 PM by Ghieri.)
09-20-2013, 08:28 PM
Find

Messages In This Thread
RE: Edge Article by Jessica Curry on games diversity - by Ghieri - 09-20-2013, 08:28 PM