Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 16 Vote(s) - 2.25 Average
Opinions on how TCR & FG are dealing with AAMFP criticism
Nice Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 37
RE: Edge Article by Jessica Curry on games diversity

(09-20-2013, 08:05 PM)chineseroom Wrote: Really folks? We're not allowed to have a response to the fucking brainless bullshit that's been lobbed in our direction? I think Jess was pretty damn generous, way more charitable than I would have been if it was me writing it. The inability of some people to escape from this "it has to be exactly as it was before or it's shit" mentality is downright depressing. This is not saying we can't take criticism, and that's in no way what is being said in the article. What Jess is staying is critique it, yes, do, by all means, but critique it intelligently, not through this weird defensive all-difference-seeks-to-destroy-our-medium cock.
I'm 40. I've been playing and loving games since long before half the people telling us we are anti-games were even the dream of a zygote in their parents underwear.
This isn't a response to you Paddy, btw, just an opportune place to post.

all i gotta say is:

Chill. Seriously, i agree about the fact that most of people are just saying bullshit about the game, they are stupid to be shocked by no inventory or things like that because they were already told the game wasnt going to have that. It's also stupid of them to expect the game wouldnt change at all, because if it had everything ATDD had, then what difference would it be from a regular full conversion or a custom story.

Anyway that aside, so you know on which side i am

I'm gonna be honest, as overwhelming as it may be and deppresing for you. Do you really think that's a professional way as a game company or a game developer to treat negative critics? And as dumb and clueless some people may be, you've got to remain calm to deal with them.

Sorry but we cannot change your avatar as the new avatar you specified is too big. The maximum dimensions are 80x80 (width x height)
09-20-2013, 08:39 PM
Find

Messages In This Thread
RE: Edge Article by Jessica Curry on games diversity - by Nice - 09-20-2013, 08:39 PM