Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 16 Vote(s) - 2.25 Average
Opinions on how TCR & FG are dealing with AAMFP criticism
Lazoriss Offline

Threads: 2
RE: My opinion about how TCR is dealing with the criticism

Well it DOES explain a lot of the backlash this game gets, especially when compared to TDD. Casual gamers just wanted a scary romp in a unnerving setting. TDD is so appealing because it can be played and enjoyed both on the surface and for its entirety. TDD is very entertaining and full of mechanics. You get chased by monsters in a spooky castle, solve clever puzzles, and have a good story. AMFP sacrifices most of the scares and puzzles for the story part, creating a intricate and almost TOO deep plot. It basically IS an interactive story book, and I like that. But that means this game will only be enjoyed by the people who are into that sort of thing. :B

Honestly, I'm overflowing with joy at the existence of this game. It is like walking through a story book (a very GOOD book, might I add). There's not a lot of games like that out there right now. It's really too bad this game has such mixed reception since I'd love to play more games like this. If I want to piss myself running through an monster filled facility, I'll play SCP or one of the many good Amnesia custom stories out there. But this game is a fresh and unique experience.
09-21-2013, 08:54 AM
Find

Messages In This Thread
RE: My opinion about how TCR is dealing with the criticism - by Lazoriss - 09-21-2013, 08:54 AM