Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 16 Vote(s) - 2.25 Average
Opinions on how TCR & FG are dealing with AAMFP criticism
VaeVictis Offline

Threads: 10
RE: Opinions on how TCR & FG are dealing with AAMFP criticism

(09-25-2013, 05:47 AM)Alidigigarry Wrote:
(09-25-2013, 05:08 AM)Paddy Wrote:
(09-25-2013, 04:49 AM)Fortigurn Wrote: Whether you read professional reviews or casual forum comments, the failure of MFP to live up to this specific aspect of gameplay is a sentiment echoed repeatedly in critiques of MFP. I believe it's a valid criticism.

I agree with this. I loved the game and wouldn't change anything about it, but I think it's naïve and simplistic (and perhaps even a little bit arrogant) to lump all of the criticism together into one big pile and stick a flag in it labelled "insecure TDD fanboy whining".

There's also the fact that I paid money expecting a more TDD-like experience promised to me by the trailers. So I have every right to be pissed if I didn't feel like I got my money's worth.

I have no idea why that concept doesn't sink in with some people.

You're right, disappointment follows when expectations aren't met. At the same time, though, couldn't the fact that it's different be a good thing? Did it HAVE to be a TDD experience to be good? For me, the answer is 'no.' But of course, you're entitled to feel otherwise. Amnesia is far too young a game to have an idiom of it's own. The biggest factor for me was orininality, storytelling, and overall reaction (not necessarily fear, my gut still turns thinking about some of those notes...). The music still brings a tear to my eye.
TDD found a winning formula, no doubt. But that doesn't make it the only one that works.
09-25-2013, 07:35 AM
Find

Messages In This Thread
RE: Opinions on how TCR & FG are dealing with AAMFP criticism - by VaeVictis - 09-25-2013, 07:35 AM