Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 16 Vote(s) - 2.25 Average
Opinions on how TCR & FG are dealing with AAMFP criticism
WALP Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 34
RE: Opinions on how TCR & FG are dealing with AAMFP criticism

"One of the basic problems you have in game writing is that you have to square the player's knowledge with the character's knowledge in a way that isn't disruptive or stupid"

Gotta say despite definitely liking the story of AMFP more than TDD I definitely felt this was were AMFP completely failed in comparison. Most of the story was due to the writing vaguely told making it hard to understand, while Oswald expressed he knew everything. I think the main issue though lied in the children, who the protagonist cared so much for, yet we were never given much reason to do so ourselves. Really they did not feel like being the characters Edwin and Enoch at all, but rather just "some children" that were running around the facility and mocking you. To do this day I still cant even make a distinction between them at all.
(This post was last modified: 10-09-2013, 03:30 PM by WALP.)
10-09-2013, 03:30 PM
Find

Messages In This Thread
RE: Opinions on how TCR & FG are dealing with AAMFP criticism - by WALP - 10-09-2013, 03:30 PM