Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 16 Vote(s) - 2.25 Average
Opinions on how TCR & FG are dealing with AAMFP criticism
Cuyir Offline

Threads: 1
RE: Opinions on how TCR & FG are dealing with AAMFP criticism

@The Mug: Yep, I agree.

I'm usually the type of person that when there are children involved, especially children of the protagonist or that are really close to the protagonist, gets more involved in the story. Ignoring the obvious TLOU example with Ellie, in Dishonored Emily Kaldwin gets introduced spectacularly well. She runs into Corvo's arms and he raises her like a proud uncle or father would. She then asks to play hide and seek with a man that's known for his "special" skills. So that character building moment helped me a lot to get immersed in the story and their relationship, so when the plot moves on and
Spoiler below!
she gets kidnapped, I was feeling pretty angry that she was stolen and pretty worried, for a virtual character, about her safe being.

And there are a few other character relationship building moments with Emily and Corvo which help in the whole experience.

TCR basically just, from my point of view, plopped the kids there and let it be. Will say though, the notes and hallucinations with the children were done really well but it's just a shame that they're basically just ghostly kids running around.

@Chrono: I cared more about the children and that woman that were moaning, screaming and whining from time to time in TDD to be quite honest. The children mostly seemed like a prop to me...which is amusing considering that the children and women were literally just sound props.
(This post was last modified: 10-09-2013, 03:48 PM by Cuyir.)
10-09-2013, 03:43 PM
Find

Messages In This Thread
RE: Opinions on how TCR & FG are dealing with AAMFP criticism - by Cuyir - 10-09-2013, 03:43 PM