Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 16 Vote(s) - 2.25 Average
Opinions on how TCR & FG are dealing with AAMFP criticism
Froge Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 176
RE: Opinions on how TCR & FG are dealing with AAMFP criticism

(10-09-2013, 11:32 PM)Ghieri Wrote: Seems to me that he is letting his PHD get to his head. The fallacy lies in the fact that you do not actually have to be intelligent to get a PHD, just hard working. It also explains how MFP can be such a well-polished game, but lack so much substance. But it also explain why he is so baffled that he isn't being showered with accolades.
Actually, I'd say that it's due to the indie dev culture. Indie games have a strong reputation for being divergent thanks to mainstream arthouse games such as Braid and Limbo. Indie devs have the mindset that they have the freedom to do whatever big companies and their casual games can't. Unfortunately, too much divergence leads to their games being less revolutionary and more "not actually a game."

Not that this is my opinion of aamfp. It was indeed a game, just significantly less of a game than atdd.

[Image: p229xcq]
10-10-2013, 12:44 AM
Find

Messages In This Thread
RE: Opinions on how TCR & FG are dealing with AAMFP criticism - by Froge - 10-10-2013, 12:44 AM