Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 16 Vote(s) - 2.25 Average
Opinions on how TCR & FG are dealing with AAMFP criticism
Cuyir Offline

Threads: 1
RE: Opinions on how TCR & FG are dealing with AAMFP criticism

@ Black cat: i've stated before that I respect both sides of the argument, including ones that are diametrically opposed to mine. An apologist i'm not. I've been critical of their reaction to the massive amount of hatred (and legitimate criticism) they've gotten in the past. Still am. Still don't consider AMFP their gift to gaming either.

They're reacting to what has stucked in their mind and what interviewers ask them. And yes, they were wrong on judging the Amnesia fanbase, i've said this in the past. They GROSSLY misjudged the fanbase. And i've also spoken of how they need to learn to take criticism, analyze said criticism and decide what's a legitimate criticism and what's just someone having a hissy fit.

He didn't throw FG under the bus. Like I said, he basically just communicated that TDD was lets play friendly. That's the truth. Didn't feel snide to me. A farming simulator isn't as exciting as a Need For Speed game for youtube lets plays, wouldn't you agree? And they didn't choose to "place an amnesia in front of the game", FG did. FG did it by giving THEM the job. Everyone, FG and the fanbase, knows what TCR are all about so, yeah.

In sum, they have some legitimate points about their focus for the game and the criticism they've received (some, guys and girls, not saying they're 100% correct), they just had some pretty bad missteps (analyzing and responding to criticism). If they had taken this in another way, we wouldn't have this thread. We would just have an endless discussion of why AMFP is good/sucks.
(This post was last modified: 10-19-2013, 05:07 AM by Cuyir.)
10-19-2013, 05:04 AM
Find

Messages In This Thread
RE: Opinions on how TCR & FG are dealing with AAMFP criticism - by Cuyir - 10-19-2013, 05:04 AM