Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 16 Vote(s) - 2.25 Average
Opinions on how TCR & FG are dealing with AAMFP criticism
LuckyBlackCatXIII Offline

Threads: 3
RE: Opinions on how TCR & FG are dealing with AAMFP criticism

Everything else aside since we've both said what we want to say I am going to touch on this.

(10-19-2013, 05:04 AM)Cuyir Wrote: And they didn't choose to "place an amnesia in front of the game", FG did. FG did it by giving THEM the job. Everyone, FG and the fanbase, knows what TCR are all about so, yeah.

If FG offered the job to TCR (emphasis on "offer") then TCR knew what they were getting into. Not saying FG did no wrong in any of this (not that I'd say it was wrong per se but you get what I mean... hopefully) but they did not force this on TCR. It was offered and TCR took it. They agreed to it being a sequel. They agreed to having the Amnesia name be stuck to it. This was an opportunity to follow up, expand and deliver to an already established audience, not so much as a chance for TCR to stand underneath the FG banner and hand out their own personal philosophy about games.

While it's easy to assume everyone knows TCR and what their taste on games is like, not everyone knew what they were getting into. People don't always put massive amounts of research into what they buy and that really can't be blamed since it's something done on a daily basis. Personally yes, I know what TCR is all about, I still went into the game optimistic. On the other hand there are those who didn't know about TCR at all. Still makes their critiques valid and doesn't exempt TCR from said critique.
(This post was last modified: 10-19-2013, 06:00 AM by LuckyBlackCatXIII.)
10-19-2013, 05:58 AM
Find

Messages In This Thread
RE: Opinions on how TCR & FG are dealing with AAMFP criticism - by LuckyBlackCatXIII - 10-19-2013, 05:58 AM