Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 16 Vote(s) - 2.25 Average
Opinions on how TCR & FG are dealing with AAMFP criticism
Damascus Rose Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 22
RE: Opinions on how TCR & FG are dealing with AAMFP criticism

(10-20-2013, 02:08 AM)pagan Wrote:
(10-20-2013, 12:45 AM)Damascus Rose Wrote: When I say that amfp doesn't focus on horror, it's obvious after playing the game once. This is further proven because the developers of the game itself say that their focus is on telling a story, and they didn't want to make it as scary as the first one.

I suspect this is bollocks, they are just trying to save face. Before the release they were talking about making the scariest game possible, and if it doesn't scare the people as much as Amnesia: the Double D, then it would be a disappointment. I suspect they were trying to create the scariest game they possibly can, it's just that Chinese Room isn't very good at that.

I don't think so. They only put like 3 monster encounters in the game. Their reasoning for it makes sense too, seems in line with what tcr do.

And they did actually do scares well at some parts, like under the pistons it was super scary. They had the potential, chose not to.

@alardem:
It wasn't the game that made me say that Tongue

[Image: damascusrose2.png]
(This post was last modified: 10-20-2013, 03:07 AM by Damascus Rose.)
10-20-2013, 03:04 AM
Find

Messages In This Thread
RE: Opinions on how TCR & FG are dealing with AAMFP criticism - by Damascus Rose - 10-20-2013, 03:04 AM