Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 13 Vote(s) - 4.38 Average
Spoiler Plot Discussion Thread *Spoiler Alert*
zepelius Offline

Threads: 0
RE: Plot Discussion Thread *Spoiler Alert*

(09-11-2013, 11:30 AM)Paddy Wrote: I'm not sure if I'm oinking up the wrong tree here, but listening to some of the voice over files in the install directory has me wondering if there's another ending.

redist\sounds\vo\16_temple

All of the voice overs in this directory are obviously related to the "Temple" level, which is the final section of the game, yet there seems to be a "happy Machine" and "sad Machine" ending. One in which he pleads Oswald not to ruin his shit, and another in which he's all happy because he got what he wanted. Hmmm...

Rather interesting dialogue there:

vo_temple_orbend_1: "Yes. Yes Mandus. I knew you understood. Just a few second more and the egg will hatch."
vo_temple_orbend_2: "I am created. My lairs peel and the air begins vibrate around me. Soon we will be a flame"
vo_temple_orbend_3: "It is done. Thank you Mandus. Let there be light."

vo_temple_orbhit_1: "Please Mandus no! For your children!"
vo_temple_orbhit_2: "Smash it papa! Smash it!"
vo_temple_orbhit_3: "Daddy! Daddy! Please don't kill me."

Sounds like originally you were supposed to choose will you smash the orb and destroy the machine or will you let the Machine do whatever it plans to do. Pretty similar to Dark Descents ending.
09-11-2013, 12:14 PM
Find

Messages In This Thread
RE: Plot Discussion Thread *Spoiler Alert* - by zepelius - 09-11-2013, 12:14 PM
The birth of a new century - by Integria - 09-27-2013, 01:32 AM