Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 13 Vote(s) - 4.38 Average
Spoiler Plot Discussion Thread *Spoiler Alert*
MysteriousFawx Offline

Threads: 0
RE: Plot Discussion Thread *Spoiler Alert*

Just making sure with everyone that I understood this correctly in the game. There is a note stating how if a subject is reanimated using the formula they still suffer from the wound/affliction that killed them previously. (He commented about having to shoot a subject in the skull to end its suffering)
So they state the most humane method is to drown the subjects and then revive them by flooding their lungs with the solution....correct?

So is the man in the iron lung kept alive because he was supposed to be reanimated, before this knowledge was gained? I mean surely most of the point about being able to bring the dead back is to return his wife and children, but being unable to do so because of how they died.

All I know is this game gave me a lot of information from different sides, perspectives and accounts. Also leaving me with a lot of questions.

Personally I believe the idea that Mandus himself is in the iron lung, kept alive to power the machine, leaving you to play a fractured psyche similar to how the electro pig works, trapped between worlds. Which explains the teleportation, things appearing and disappearing, the memory states and to some extent the amnesia.

I'm sure many will cast this aside but my theory is that Mandus had the trip, found the orb, returned and built his machine using orphans and workhouses under the guise of it being a giant slaughterhouse for pigs (there was no 'one' helper, that is the 'other Mandus' inside his head that was created with the orbs discovery). From here Mandus sacrifices his children and the psyche breaks, causing him to desperately try and work out how to bring them back, creating the pig men, further falling into insanity and gaining the messiah complex of wanting to purify and save everyone. Now, having gained his pig army, which is stated to be able to rise to the street and capture 'hundreds of feet' whenever required, his goal was complete, it is autonomus. At this point he removes his own heart, which is seen powering (?) the tower, alongside his two children (seen beside the sacrificial table). At this point, with his soul torn apart and unable to let go because of the evil deeds he has done, he seeks redemption. Awakens in his bed with no recollection of his past, walking through a world that is neither truth or lie, never truly able to see himself, remember that there are no mirrors as the pig men seeing themselves is the most unsettling.... What is more terrifying is that you could have played the entire game as a pig yourself and not known it.

The writing in this was fantastic, thoroughly enjoyed it.
09-12-2013, 12:10 AM
Find

Messages In This Thread
RE: Plot Discussion Thread *Spoiler Alert* - by MysteriousFawx - 09-12-2013, 12:10 AM
The birth of a new century - by Integria - 09-27-2013, 01:32 AM