Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 13 Vote(s) - 4.38 Average
Spoiler Plot Discussion Thread *Spoiler Alert*
Alardem Offline

Threads: 17
RE: Plot Discussion Thread *Spoiler Alert*

(09-12-2013, 04:23 AM)Tobi Wrote:
(09-11-2013, 11:33 PM)Petch1984 Wrote: My favourite part was seeing all the Pig-men in their cells. It was quite a sad scene (and funny when one slips over trying to run at you). After that the game was less intense for me... I was the real monster haha.
That was definitely the big punch in the gut for me when I played, especially the pig in the cage who tries to charge you then slips (or gets yanked by a chain I don't recall) and instead of continuing to roar at you like you might expect, he just sulks back to the corner and looks sad. Sad

And yeah, "Dieses Herz" playing from the loudspeakers didn't help.

My critique would be that this area should have been saved for near the very end of the game, since humanizing the monsters such as this can remove their scariness. Alexander's monstrosities were death dealers plain and simple in the original.

I'm not so sure - the flashbacks in the original game's wine cellar helped to establish the fact that the Gatherers were men who'd been betrayed and deformed horrifically. A couple of times, they seem to recoil when having light shone upon them.

I suppose the difference between them and the Pig-Men is that the Gatherers were amoral bastards anyway, while the Pig-Men are implied to be mental patients and poor people i.e. the victims of society.
(This post was last modified: 09-12-2013, 04:28 AM by Alardem.)
09-12-2013, 04:27 AM
Find

Messages In This Thread
RE: Plot Discussion Thread *Spoiler Alert* - by Alardem - 09-12-2013, 04:27 AM
The birth of a new century - by Integria - 09-27-2013, 01:32 AM