Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 13 Vote(s) - 4.38 Average
Spoiler Plot Discussion Thread *Spoiler Alert*
Kein Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 22
RE: Plot Discussion Thread *Spoiler Alert*

(09-12-2013, 08:13 PM)samueljustice00 Wrote: A few of you guys have expressed interest in more the thoughts behind the making of this game. I have some downtime soon and was hoping to put some thoughts of the sound onto "paper". Is there anything specific you guys would like to learn about?

YES PLEASE.

Most important thing I'd like to know what why different endings were removed and when?
Second, I'd like to know of all possible -- more or less significant -- changes that were made to the story during game development (and if possible - why they were made).

If you want you can hint at some important points of the story you think we must look closer but i don't want you to explain anything directly, I'd rather read the all these theories, may be someone someday will put it together.

(09-12-2013, 08:01 PM)droog Wrote: Did anybody recognize this picture in the mansion? Is this Oswald + family? But why three children?

Spoiler below!
[Image: 12B9D2441CC0627C351E0C0DF667A3F406BCE491]

I think Samuel mentioned once that some photos are actual, real-life photos like his own family photo in the demo trailer. Doubt this one related to the setting/story.

(09-12-2013, 08:10 PM)TheBik Wrote:
(09-12-2013, 07:35 PM)frictionalfan Wrote: I'm skeptical about the professor character's involvement. There were a couple dialogue sequences where he and Mandus were discussing the machine's purpose and he sounded more fanatical than Mandus did. He must have been in on it somehow. Could he have been the body we saw at the end?

I've actually been thinking something similar. Perhaps after Mandus killed the Professor, he was able to use his body as a vessel for the half of his conscienceness that he left in the machine (the professor and the engineer share a voice actor, after all). Why he was keeping the corpse in an iron lung, as if it were alive, I'm unsure of.
http://www.frictionalgames.com/forum/thr...#pid259225

See the cadaver theory, I already mentioned that and pointed out why it is hardly possible.

Quote:Then, there’s a mention of some „older forms”. Tesla pigs, probably being one of the Oswald’s first tries in re-shaping, are alternating themselves between two worlds – the universe’s and another, unknown one. As suggested by the note, this alternation had driven the monsters mad. Probably, also had allowed Kaernks to pass through (they are covered in sparks, as if they have come in contact with Tesla pigs) to the closed area, where the „the older forms” had been contained.
Nope, the Kaernk in AAMFP is the Tesla pig(s), there is a note that explains it.

Quote: After receiving a vision from the orbs, he had somehow distracted his children and murdered the others from the expedition, he had used the cactus fruit to open up their chests and eat/dispose of their hearts; he had performed the ritual – symbolically stopped the heavens from falling down on his head (had discovered, how to increase the efficiency of his works , and in the result: finally overcome the expenses).
But: " I did not kill your children, Mandus. You sacrificed them on the temple steps knowing what the coming century would do to them. Your sons will drown, lungs full of mud and shrapnel, on the banks of the Somme. You wanted to save them from the horror to come."

So in other words we are back to the beginning -- too much holes and contradictions, too much unexplained, too inconsistent. So far all the theories are like that.

"Avoid Capture"
Bugs/Tricks Gallery:
1 | 2 | 3
(This post was last modified: 09-12-2013, 08:52 PM by Kein.)
09-12-2013, 08:29 PM
Find

Messages In This Thread
RE: Plot Discussion Thread *Spoiler Alert* - by Kein - 09-12-2013, 08:29 PM
The birth of a new century - by Integria - 09-27-2013, 01:32 AM