Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 13 Vote(s) - 4.38 Average
Spoiler Plot Discussion Thread *Spoiler Alert*
Corbent Offline

Threads: 1
RE: Plot Discussion Thread *Spoiler Alert*

I was trying to assemble my "facts" until now. But I have trouble with the logic, since the start.

The first note in chronological order (from Kein's post) reads:

Spoiler below!

August 4th 1898
More experiments with Compound X. Took the dog and injected it with strychnine. After the expected convulsions and spasming, it died just after midnight. I immersed the body in a large tank of Compound X and introduced an alternating current via induction coil for a period of three and a half minutes. Partial return was induced. However, damage incurred prior to death was retained upon revival, meaning the dog continued in the acute state of strychnine poisoning until I put a bullet in its skull. But drowning? Perhaps, yes. It is after all known to be the kindest of suicides. If one were to drown, replacing the fluid in the lungs with Compound X should theoretically be perfectly possible as a revival method.

According to this note, Mandus was already running reanimation tests, but why? He hadn't gone to Mexico, he hadn't had visions, his kids hadn't die... to resurrect the bones of his 9 years dead wife? This lead me to believe that maybe his wife was being preserved in the cryogenic chamber and that's why I asked for gender confirmation of the subject inside.

But months later there's this note...
Spoiler below!

August 19th 1899
Von Reichenbach writes of the Odic Force, whilst that ignorant charlatan Blavatsky pontificated upon the soul. They are both cretins. To think one could strive for such great heights without wading first through puke and innard, without standing upon an architecture of bones! Montezuma was the wiser. But here, in our temples of steel, I have witnessed the severed head of a man, recently trampled to death by a runaway carriage, immersed in a solution of the Brennenburg compound open his eyes, and cry "Oh where are my legs Sir? Where is my body?" We are breaking through the barriers of death itself. Oh my dead darling Lily, it is too late for you, but I promise you this: I will save our children from death and, if need be, I will wrench them back from the blackness with this wonderful concoction!

Here he acknowledges it's too late for his wife, which brings again my previous question. In addition to that, here he states he wants to bring back his children. Didn't he kill them to spare them the horrors of the future? Now he wants them back? There is something wrong with the timing of the kids' death, or the reason of their death. I have to check back some things.
09-13-2013, 10:46 PM
Find

Messages In This Thread
RE: Plot Discussion Thread *Spoiler Alert* - by Corbent - 09-13-2013, 10:46 PM
The birth of a new century - by Integria - 09-27-2013, 01:32 AM