Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 13 Vote(s) - 4.38 Average
Spoiler Plot Discussion Thread *Spoiler Alert*
Corbent Offline

Threads: 1
RE: Plot Discussion Thread *Spoiler Alert*

(09-14-2013, 03:35 AM)silentmumbler Wrote: I really like the Mental Play idea, as it seems to have the most in-game evidence. However, I would like to present something else for everyone to consider. I think Oswald was the original person. The one who built went to Mexico and built the Machine. I think what happened is that when he split in two, it meant his consciousness split into 2, creating Mandus (a play on the word "madness?"). Here's where I'm going to split from what's been said, but first some context.

I agree with the one before who said that Oswald was the one in the Iron Lung. However, I don't think the Iron Lung is life support. When you look inside, you can see his is networked into the Machine through his eyes, allowing him to control it and see through it. There is also a tube attached to his genitals to remove wastes, as well as multiple tubes in his mouth, which could be multi-purposed for communication, air supply, and nutrition. In addition, the body is partially submerged in Compound X, which could act as an extra method of controlling the Machine. I think he plugged himself into the Machine after sacrificing his kids, as his only purpose in life after that was the Machine.

Now then, I think Mandus' consciousness may have been expelled from the original body, possibly into that of another human or even a pigman. Pigman is more probable though, as the connection between the pigmen and the Machine would provide a pathway for Mandus to a body, and that would also give some meaning to the pigmasks everywhere (you are a literal pig, in addition to a metaphorical one). This would give Mandus the ability to physically damage the Machine, though everything he perceived would still be a product of his other self.

Doesn't make any sense? Tell me. I'm new to this stuff.

This one has some very good points. The machine says at some point that the Manpigs only obey the Machine. Which means it controls them. Which makes it plausible that his consciousness was tranfered to a Manpig. Which would explain waking up in a cage.
09-14-2013, 03:41 AM
Find

Messages In This Thread
RE: Plot Discussion Thread *Spoiler Alert* - by Corbent - 09-14-2013, 03:41 AM
The birth of a new century - by Integria - 09-27-2013, 01:32 AM