Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 13 Vote(s) - 4.38 Average
Spoiler Plot Discussion Thread *Spoiler Alert*
Kreekakon Offline
Pick a god and pray!

Threads: 70
RE: Plot Discussion Thread *Spoiler Alert*

(09-14-2013, 04:43 PM)Diz Wrote: This is the first time I lay foot inside this thread, so I have not caught up with what is being discussed or speculated, so I apologize if this has been mentioned before, which it probably has. Anyway, I started up the intro again of the game, and then it occured to me ...

Spoiler below!

Is it possible that two of the creatures are actually your twin sons, always one step ahead of you, waiting for you, and that they actually want you to follow them, and they somehow manifest as hallucinations/ghosts with voices? It probably sounds silly, but hey, this is the world of Amnesia we are talking about. There sure is something very fishy about the whole hallucination/ghost deal.

I think they actually may be part of the Machine's half of Oswald's minds communicating with him like the telephone calls. They are likely not real at all, since no forces in the game seem to demonstrate reality warping.

It is likely I think that the children's image were played off by one part Oswald's guilt in killing them, and another part in the machine noticing, taking advantage of it, and manifesting those into actual images which he used to begin Oswald's motivation to go underground.

Notice how the children keep telling daddy to "keep on going" in the general direction that the machine wants him to go.

[Image: Tv0YgQb.gif]
Image by BandyGrass
09-14-2013, 04:58 PM
Find

Messages In This Thread
RE: Plot Discussion Thread *Spoiler Alert* - by Kreekakon - 09-14-2013, 04:58 PM
The birth of a new century - by Integria - 09-27-2013, 01:32 AM