Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 13 Vote(s) - 4.38 Average
Spoiler Plot Discussion Thread *Spoiler Alert*
kita Offline

Threads: 0
RE: Plot Discussion Thread *Spoiler Alert*

Haven't had a chance to go through the entire thread yet, so apologies if this has been brought up:

Someone in a YT comment linked this which talks about the idea of the "influencing machine" as a paranoid delusion of sorts and its kind of pushing me more towards the idea that the majority of what you play through isn't actually "real". Obviously not everything fits and the idea of man/society as a machine is fairly common theme in a lot of things, but its an interesting idea.

On a different note, has the great-uncle reference been discussed anymore? I think read here that most people were leaning towards him being a descendant of Alexander- but that almost seems like it doesn't fit what we know from TDD about Alexander's backstory.

I'm wondering how much the orb could have shown him or influenced him with; if he could see the future of the 20th century, could he see the past (past in this case being TDD)? I wonder if he meant great-uncle in a metaphorical way like 'he's my predecessor for work with such experiments and the orb so he's like an uncle of sorts'.

I also thought maybe he could have been referring to Daniel, since he does have Hazel and all and theoretically the descent line could go that way, but other mentions in the notes/journals don't really fit that either.

Sorry for the length :x
09-14-2013, 06:45 PM
Find

Messages In This Thread
RE: Plot Discussion Thread *Spoiler Alert* - by kita - 09-14-2013, 06:45 PM
The birth of a new century - by Integria - 09-27-2013, 01:32 AM