Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 13 Vote(s) - 4.38 Average
Spoiler Plot Discussion Thread *Spoiler Alert*
Integria Offline

Threads: 0
RE: Plot Discussion Thread *Spoiler Alert*

(09-16-2013, 10:25 PM)cronuss Wrote:
(09-16-2013, 08:49 PM)Integria Wrote: I just realized something. Isn't it downright impossible for someone to have managed the initial sabotage while they descended downwards?

Intriguing. The gates are far too heavy for a man to lift and are
instead hoisted aloft by a chain coiled about a tube that appears to be
spun by motors connected to these electrical switches. Whilst the fuse
is blown, the motor cannot be spun, and the gates will remain an
impenetrable barrier to progress.

Indeed, I remember that part. You fix each fusebox in turn, and each opens up the path onwards. If one were to break each in sequence, it'd have to be while backtracking through the complex. Consequently I'd make the assumption that the saboteur had to be coming from below.

Hm, perhaps he was already hooked up to the machine, and broke free, sabotaging it along the way.

I never thought the chair he sat in at the end actually made sense as a heart-removal device. The end of the arms had what looked like pronged connectors that you would see in electrical equipment. Also, wasn't his heart already assumed to have been removed and held in the South Tower, connected to, you guessed it, similar looking arms with pronged connectors on the end?

Perhaps the machine needs him hooked up in that chair in order to run, or maybe he can only truly destroy the machine by re-interfacing with it.

Regardless, I am now at least certain (in my opinion) that the chair with the arms at the end was not some funky heart-removal device, but was in face an interface to the machine itself.

Likewise, and in all honesty I don't think their purpose IS to remove the heart. I'd hazard a guess and say they're electric prods - their appearences at the tips look exactly like cattle prods. Also, they are the same things holding the heart just before you arrive there, giving it an electric shock. The electric shock is administered after you activate four glass objects containing an electrical charge (these are refered to as 'glass harmonicas'). All this sounds similar, doesn't it?

[...] build an electrical charge, which is contained within glass vacuum canisters at the sides of the stunning arm machanisms and delivered along the stun arms via copper cabling.

I'm increasingly of the belief that Mandus' heart isn't ripped out at the end. He's simply subdued, and I have no clue where he goes. Back up again perhaps, to start all over?

A lot of the instruments we repaired after the initial sabotage, we sabotage again. The fuses might merely have been blown by the sudden release of the energy sustained (sounds flimsy, though).

Also, still toying with the idea that Mandus is already in an insane asylum, the manpigs are other patients or orderlies. Can't seem to find much to support it though, aside from the fact that our character is dellusional, suffers illusions of grandior and most assuredly is paranoid schizophrenic.

Also, the sabotage did certainly start at the heart of his machine, and he must've worked his way BACK up from there. Consider:

The bastard has been here too! This is the epicentre of his meddlings - this is where it began, and this is where it will end. I will seek the source of this obstruction and then I will render this sabotage impotent once and for all!
(This post was last modified: 09-16-2013, 10:57 PM by Integria.)
09-16-2013, 10:40 PM
Find

Messages In This Thread
RE: Plot Discussion Thread *Spoiler Alert* - by Integria - 09-16-2013, 10:40 PM
The birth of a new century - by Integria - 09-27-2013, 01:32 AM