Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 13 Vote(s) - 4.38 Average
Spoiler Plot Discussion Thread *Spoiler Alert*
Kein Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 22
RE: Plot Discussion Thread *Spoiler Alert*

(09-26-2013, 11:51 PM)Alardem Wrote:
(09-26-2013, 11:08 PM)Kein Wrote: I'm not even sure Machine could bring the demolition of such scale. I think it was rather some kind of target, a threat that would concentrate the whole world on it and thus all the big events of 1900 won't happen.

Aside from it possessing a nuclear reactor whose 'atomic pile will run critical', do remember that the British Empire considered themselves the center of the world. Devastating London would crush England, and spark a world that, if not worse than our past, is at least drastically different. We don't know how much damage the Man-Pig attack was, but Mandus' self-sacrifice sure didn't reverse anything he'd already destroyed. Hell, the meaning of his name may not apply merely to himself (a once-great figure reduced to obscurity) but to the fate of England itself.

That's also not taking into consideration the interpretation that all this slaughter would only be the precursor to the chaos brought about by the summoning of whatever was inside that 'Stone Egg'.
If we seriously take into account the hypothesis that actual Machine (not the pig-slaughtering combine itself) existed, then even considering the possibility that every new victim of Pigs was later turned into a Pigmen -- Pig-army wouldn't have enough "manpower" to overthrow whole humanity. I think we would end up with a similar to WW2 situation, where Germany (in this case GB) under the control of Hitler (Machine) was world-wide threat. Still not enough power. Unless hatching of "an egg" would mean that something extraordinary, like Chtulhu arrival, happen.

"Avoid Capture"
Bugs/Tricks Gallery:
1 | 2 | 3
(This post was last modified: 09-27-2013, 01:31 AM by Kein.)
09-27-2013, 01:31 AM
Find

Messages In This Thread
RE: Plot Discussion Thread *Spoiler Alert* - by Kein - 09-27-2013, 01:31 AM
The birth of a new century - by Integria - 09-27-2013, 01:32 AM