Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 13 Vote(s) - 4.38 Average
Spoiler Plot Discussion Thread *Spoiler Alert*
Kein Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 22
RE: Plot Discussion Thread *Spoiler Alert*

(09-27-2013, 02:23 AM)Integria Wrote: Well, yeah. That'd mean there's a full year where we have no idea what happened. There are two explanations:
A) There genuinely was a year of which we know nothing.
B) The developers simply weren't aware of when the turn of the century is.
I'm personally leaning towards B. The main reason I brought it up was to hear the thoughts of others, and potentially have a developer clarify it.
Yeah, I think these were "artistic liberties". More symbolical meaning rather than factual (I honestly didn't even think about that until you mentioned this small detail).

(09-27-2013, 04:24 AM)Alardem Wrote:
(09-27-2013, 01:31 AM)Kein Wrote: If we seriously take into account the hypothesis that actual Machine (not the pig-slaughtering combine itself) existed, then even considering the possibility that every new victim of Pigs was later turned into a Pigmen -- Pig-army wouldn't have enough "manpower" to overthrow whole humanity. I think we would end up with a similar to WW2 situation, where Germany (in this case GB) under the control of Hitler (Machine) was world-wide threat. Still not enough power. Unless hatching of "an egg" would mean that something extraordinary, like Chtulhu arrival, happen.

That's the impression I got. In fact, the sound files for the temple indicate that one of the endings (where Mandus just sits and waits) has the Machine talk about 'hatching', and ends with "Let there be light." A nuclear explosion in 1900 isn't a big deal? What about what happens afterwards?

But that's too deus ex, too... primitive? I mean, I'm no writer but even i wouldn't go for such lame element in the story and definitely not Pinchebek.

Quote:A nuclear explosion in 1900 isn't a big deal? What about what happens afterwards?
A single nuclear explosion won't destroy the world and won't do much speaking globally. Take for example Hiroshima - they still live afterwards, Japan is there.

Personally, I'm not really fan of hypothesis that actual Machine exist the way we see it in the game, it has more contradictions and complex questions rather than "air loom" analog.

"Avoid Capture"
Bugs/Tricks Gallery:
1 | 2 | 3
(This post was last modified: 09-27-2013, 10:57 AM by Kein.)
09-27-2013, 10:50 AM
Find

Messages In This Thread
RE: Plot Discussion Thread *Spoiler Alert* - by Kein - 09-27-2013, 10:50 AM
The birth of a new century - by Integria - 09-27-2013, 01:32 AM