Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 13 Vote(s) - 4.38 Average
Spoiler Plot Discussion Thread *Spoiler Alert*
Lazoriss Offline

Threads: 2
RE: Plot Discussion Thread *Spoiler Alert*

Does anyone here know a decent deal of Aztec mythology? I've been reading on it the past couple nights after work and was, in particular, drawn to Tezcatlipoca and Quetzacoatl. The game references the jaguar and feathered serpent, which would be these two gods respectively. There are several different versions to the mythos behind them, but they were both brothers and rivals. Tezcatlipoca was a god of death, black magic, and judgement (and overall represented the night and earth). He was able to see into the hearts and minds of people and would pass judgement on who was worthy or not. He demanded a huge amount of blood sacrifice in order to keep the earth sated, and would often work through radical and catastrophic change.
Questzacoatl was a more benevolent god. Representing the morning star and sky, he controlled the rain , brought knowledge and was capable of resurrecting the dead. When the two brother worked together, they were able to create the earth, sky, and mankind itself. But the two would often fight and strike each other down. In one version Tezcatlipoca tempts Questzacoatl into sin, deceives him, then forces him into exile.

Just pointing out that once Mandus finds the orb, he begins to change radically. It would also seem that at some point it splits, creating these two opposing personalities in Mandus. One is an inventor who spends a fortune on improving the pigline and making it more humane. He becomes obsessed with bringing back his dead children and talks of creating a better world for everyone. As time goes on things become more dark and twisted. The manpig experiments in creating an improved human race, a massive machine that reaches down into some sinister ruins. A voice that starts saying that mankind can no longer be saved, and must instead be sacrificed to cleanse the earth. The butchery is no longer just running pigs through it, but also people, and the manpigs are made into slaves that service the machine. In the game the machine deceives you and begins to mercilessly feed off the people of London, while you must travel into the depths of the earth to strike it down.

I guess I like to draw parallels here between the two halves of Mandus and these Aztec gods. :| The Machine would be Tezcatlipoca, while your protagonist Mandus is Quetzacoatl...

But then I also could be way the fuck off and going absolutely bloody nowhere with this whole tangent! °˖✧◝(⁰▿⁰)◜✧˖°
10-09-2013, 09:02 AM
Find

Messages In This Thread
RE: Plot Discussion Thread *Spoiler Alert* - by Lazoriss - 10-09-2013, 09:02 AM
The birth of a new century - by Integria - 09-27-2013, 01:32 AM