Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Does this game actually gets scary at some point?
Sarcelle Offline

Threads: 0
RE: Does this game actually gets scary at some point?

I doubt this game really aimed to terrify the player. Horrify yes, and I'd be surprised is anyone walked away not being at all shaken from the experience. Actually, as I write that, it seems obvious that people did just that. But still. What Mandus did before the game begins is harrowing.

Even the monsters are meant to be sympathized with. The scene towards the end where you see them in their rooms? Or the fact that they sometimes don't even kill you, just move you around a bit after you black out. People complain that they weren't scary enough, and that they were even slightly comical. And I think that was intended, and that claiming that this detracts from the game is missing the very point of the game.

A Machine For Pigs probably just isn't the right game to play if you want to play a scary game. But I don't think that makes it a bad game, it just makes it a different game than A Dark Descent. Like with anything, it may just not be your taste.
(This post was last modified: 09-12-2013, 06:51 PM by Sarcelle.)
09-12-2013, 06:48 PM
Find

Messages In This Thread
RE: Does this game actually gets scary at some point? - by Sarcelle - 09-12-2013, 06:48 PM