Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Definitive date for updated Level Editor / AMFP Assets / .3ds compatibility
PutraenusAlivius Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 75
RE: Definitive date for updated Level Editor / AMFP Assets / .3ds compatibility

(09-14-2013, 01:51 PM)kojack Wrote:
JustAnotherPlayer Wrote:why not Blender seriously
Blender does have collada export. I haven't tried it with the hpl editor though.
The .blend format is rather complicated. Exporting to an intermediate format like collada is going to be easier.
I only know of one game engine that supports blender files directly: Gamekit. It combines Ogre3D with Bullet and was created by the author of Bullet.

Assimp (open asset import library) comes with a tool that can load many formats (including .blend, .3ds, .dae, .obj, .lwo, and models from various games like quake series, halflife, etc) and convert them to .dae.

(Assimp is also a library. Add it to an engine or editor and it will gain around 41 file formats)

What no, I'm saying that Blender should be compatible with the HPL Engine. We Blender users can't rig/animate our models because the HPL Engine would freakout like a maniac and crashes.

"Veni, vidi, vici."
"I came, I saw, I conquered."
09-14-2013, 02:14 PM
Find

Messages In This Thread
RE: Definitive date for updated Level Editor / AMFP Assets / .3ds compatibility - by PutraenusAlivius - 09-14-2013, 02:14 PM