Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 8 Vote(s) - 3.63 Average
My main problem with AMFP: Observer vs. Participator
gremstein Offline

Threads: 2
RE: My main problem with AMFP: Observer vs. Participator

I totally agree. I feel like this would have made a much better movie than a game. I really wanted to like this game, but perhaps that was the problem. I was so ready to love this game, I thought it would be like a ramped up tricked out version of the first game, but instead all I got was a stripped down linear version of it.

I can appreciate trying something new, wanting to experiment, wanting to branch out, all that, that's all fine. But if you want to do that, why not just make it it's own separate identity? Why include the Amnesia title to it, other than just easy recognition? I don't know what "Dear Esther" is, but I've seen alot of reference to it on other threads. I assume it's one of TCR's own games. Whatever it is, that isn't what I waited for, that isn't what I paid for. I bought this game expecting an Amnesia game, only to not receive one.

If they are going to allow textures/object/etc from MFP to be used in TDD custom stories, then I will feel a little better about it. I would love to see what the CS community can do with all that steampunk scenery. But for me to be more excited about community authored content rather than the actual game... just feels wrong.

I will continue to support Frictional Games, I have no ill will towards them at all. They said hell with it, let's try it and see what happens. I can respect them taking a risk like that in order to try to give us something different. I just feel like it went too far off the rails.
09-13-2013, 12:44 AM
Find

Messages In This Thread
RE: My main problem with AMFP: Observer vs. Participator - by gremstein - 09-13-2013, 12:44 AM