Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 2 Average
My thoughts and questions that I would really like to share.
sailornaruto39 Offline

Threads: 0
RE: My thoughts and questions that I would really like to share.

I agree with you. The game was boring and not scary. I'm confused as to why it gets praised for it's not so special story so much. If you want a great story read a book. I feel a game is a relatively inappropriate place to look for that, because then dev like TCR can almost get away with putting NO effort into gameplay and say "well we made a good story".

I find it to be in poor taste to take a game that would have so much expectation and take away everything (most) ppl liked about it, only to make it more like one of your games.

Even as a separate non amnesia game this game would not fascinate me. I find psychological horror not scary, just artistic and a little creepy. I'm too messed up in the head to be scared by such things.

I found the atmosphere pointless because of the lack of threat(what is the point of a creepy atmosphere is there isn't really any danger).

Maybe I'm just looking at this through the wrong perspective, I was expecting it to be a violent horror suspense/chase oriented game like the first. I would say shame on me, but given the trailers and being associated with amensia, is it hard to believe I would think that?

I find the trailer misleading, sure they may not want ppl to expect things, sure. But then don't put something like that in the trailer. I don't find that a good excuse. It's like having a trailer is where there us a maze part and then removing it saying "we didn't want you to see it coming".

It's bait and switch no matter the reason. TCR just wanted show what they can(can't) do by riding on amnesia's fame. Which is TACKY!!!
09-16-2013, 07:43 PM
Find

Messages In This Thread
RE: My thoughts and questions that I would really like to share. - by sailornaruto39 - 09-16-2013, 07:43 PM