Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How do you work?
Kreekakon Offline
Pick a god and pray!

Threads: 70
RE: How do you work?

Yay I always love interview sessions which stroke my massive ego, and make myself feel actually important!! Smile

Joking aside though here's my story:

I mainly first got into making games in Flash half because of interest, and half because of homework in university. After a while though I decided that after I completed whatever I was working on in Flash at the time (Which was this by the way) I wanted to get into something a bit more 3D-ish, and hearing about how easy it was to mod HPL2 I hopped right in.

After a bit of practice I discovered that the Amnesia tools were great for bringing to life a small, underdeveloped, but interesting story I had thought up for a real-life horror game back somewhere in 2011-2012. I spent some time refining the story up to standard, adding some nice concepts to make it more engaging overall.

It is now the in development mod by me called "Hell Awakening". You can find the link down below in my signature Smile

NOW...onto questions!

1. Do you listen to any music when making a CS, if you do, what kind of music?

I am not too much of a conventional music person as in I don't really listen to any signers, bands, or dedicated music creators like that.

Most of the time I like to listen to video game, or movie soundtracks, usually based off of whatever is occupying my mind at the time.

2. How often does your development stop or pause?

It usually stops when I'm busy as I have a very busy real life. I have classes, and am now after four years of being in it, becoming one of the members in the highest ranked "Consultant Group" in my university's community service club.

3. How often do you work on your project? 2h a day? 2h a week?

I usually work whenever I either get motivation, or I feel like working is very well at the top of my priorities list. The priorities list is very unstable, and changes depending on how I'm feeling XD

4. Do you have any unreleased, private CS done or full conversion?

Currently I've devoted my entire modding career (If you can call it that?) to developing the Hell Awakening series. Currently I've already released the prologue of said series entitled "Hell Awakening Prologue: The Dorm".

The next installment will be the first of the main series, and is called "Hell Awakening Part 1". It is currently in development, and I am hoping for a Summer 2014 release.

"Hell Awakening Part 2" which is the followup, and final part of the main series has had little to no work gone into it currently besides a few concepts, and ideas.

5. Which kind of problems appear most often to you?

Currently the biggest problem I have are mainly two:

1. Lacking inspiration. Sometimes when I'm making rooms, or any map I can often get stuck on how I think something could turn out, or how it would be engaging in visual, realism, or gameplay sense. All three are very important to me.

2. Time. For reasons I've said above I lead a fairly busy life which can sometimes hinder development. To make matters worse sometimes the limited free time means there's higher chance that free time will overlap with time when I have a lack of motivation, resulting in me just wanting to relax, and not work right then.

6. Have you ever stopped caring at some point or thought about making a non serious or a complete cliche CS?

Yes. Yes, I have. I am actually contemplating doing one right now. It will not be at all your typical Amnesia mod, and will be "fun" like your normal fun games.

I don't think that all Amnesia mods need to be completely story driven, and/or depressing. I'm actually a bit disappointed we haven't seen all that many non-serious fun mods. There's definitely room for silliness, and fun games to be made in HPL2 though admittedly it can be a bit difficult due to the constraints of HPL2 in general.

If this "fun" little mod of mine does actually get green-lit by me, and I do actually go work on it, I'll let the community know more then.

[Image: Tv0YgQb.gif]
Image by BandyGrass
09-20-2013, 07:26 PM
Find

Messages In This Thread
How do you work? - by Nice - 09-19-2013, 09:29 AM
RE: How do you work? - by Karba - 09-19-2013, 10:19 AM
RE: How do you work? - by PutraenusAlivius - 09-19-2013, 02:00 PM
RE: How do you work? - by The chaser - 09-19-2013, 02:01 PM
RE: How do you work? - by CarnivorousJelly - 09-19-2013, 02:20 PM
RE: How do you work? - by FlawlessHappiness - 09-19-2013, 02:47 PM
RE: How do you work? - by Nice - 09-19-2013, 03:14 PM