Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 4 Average
[RELEASED] Collapsing Cosmos : The Silver Key
daortir Offline

Threads: 9
RE: [RELEASED] Collapsing Cosmos : The Silver Key

Thanks for the detailed feedback ! Your criticism is very constructive, and this will help me out a ton in the future.

Right now I think the flaws everyone agrees on are :
-The puzzles being too simple and not creative enough, without consideration for the player's thoughts.

I haven't been creative enough with the puzzles according to HumiliatioN, and I think he's completely right. I am not good at imaginating puzzle elements and I will work on this a lot more for the next mod. I will also try to focus on building the level around those puzzles so that the player understands better what is expected of him.

About the Mementos, it was kind of imbalanced indeed. Not giving any clue in R'lyeh was a clear decision because I hoped people would feel lost, without getting too annoyed by the situation. Maybe it was a bit too rough considering how easy it was to die. Some mementos were pretty dumb I guess, or gave too many clues, while at some areas (ground floor of the library) the player was absolutely clueless about how he was supposed to exit the map/what he was supposed to find.

So, puzzles can be improved a lot in creativity and in the way I make the player find the solutions for them.

The boss battle appears to be a buggy one, I fixed this a little on MODDB (now it is actually impossible to get stuck because of a lack of cristals). It is true that it wasn't a very forgiving encounter, I think though that the patch will be enough to make it doable. Have to agree though, the player had probably too many things to think about at the same time. If I do another one I will consider making its mechanics different (less stuff to do at the same time), and also to make the beginning of the fight a lot more forgiving.

I also took note of what you said about the otherworld's ambiance lacking some sound effects, I'll work on this and maybe learn how to make new sound effects from scratch : >.

I am happy you enjoyed the storytelling and the mapping, they still remain the main things I focused on for this mod !

One last thanks for the feedback, it is really really useful to me : ).

EDIT : one of the reasons for the battle being buggy is that the cristal entity is kind of glitchy : /. It's a converted penumbra model and it collides very weirdly with the environment, especially considering I stretched it. Anyway as I said, boss battle should be fine now but we'll see how it turns out x).

(This post was last modified: 01-30-2014, 12:33 AM by daortir.)
01-30-2014, 12:31 AM
Find

Messages In This Thread
RE: Collapsing Comsos : The Silver Key - by AGP - 12-11-2013, 03:56 AM
RE: Collapsing Comsos : The Silver Key - by AGP - 12-11-2013, 10:08 PM
RE: [RELEASED] Collapsing Cosmos : The Silver Key - by daortir - 01-30-2014, 12:31 AM