Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Amnesia Multiplayer (Cringe as you may.)
DreamScripters Offline

Threads: 4
RE: Amnesia Multiplayer (Cringe as you may.)

(12-22-2013, 10:02 AM)Romulator Wrote: WITHOUT shutting your whole opinion down...

HPL2 doesn't support multiplayer, therefore, it is impossible to make a multiplayer version. Tongue

Furthermore:
- Amnesia's application does not ever connect to a server to access online multiplayer.
- It would be quite a hassle to get two people to use a keyboard and/or gamepad, either each or by itself.
- As you pointed out, Daniel is in fact, invisible, minus his left hand, and is not programmed for otherwise visibility.
- I wouldn't a large number to jump in on a multiplayer CS, given the methods of attempting.
- And I would rather play Amnesia myself to be immersed myself, not muck around with a/any friend I may want to play with, given immaturity possible when I come around a corner and he would toss a box at me.

Thanks for the reply! Means allot that you took some time to read it. I did read what you had to say but this is exactly why I pointed out Just Cause 2 Multiplayer. As far as I know Just Cause 2 is in absolutely no relation to multiplayer game play or servers. And, as I also said the people behind JCMP had NO access to source code. When I played the beta releases of JCMP it came with only a executable at which you ran and you were able to connect to their server. Almost like it was a overlay over the actual game it seemed like? This is what is making me to believe that you can do this with Amnesia. It would just be incredibly hard like I said though. Can you elaborate though if i'm missing anything you said? I just thought that it may be possible using a method similar to the method used to make JCMP. Thanks! Big Grin

Oh, also here's another example of a single player game converted into multplayer: SA-MP

[Image: header.png]
(This post was last modified: 12-22-2013, 10:35 AM by DreamScripters.)
12-22-2013, 10:22 AM
Website Find

Messages In This Thread
RE: Amnesia Multiplayer (Cringe as you may.) - by DreamScripters - 12-22-2013, 10:22 AM