Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Amnesia Multiplayer (Cringe as you may.)
DreamScripters Offline

Threads: 4
RE: Amnesia Multiplayer (Cringe as you may.)

(12-22-2013, 08:53 PM)Mechavomit Wrote: I'm just curious how do you imagine representing player characters

It's hard to say. The player (Daniel) is actually "modeled" through the game.cfg. Here are the tags at which it lies within:

PHP Code: (Select All)
<Player_Body

Mass 
"70"

Size "0.8 1.8 0.8"

CrouchSize "0.8 1.2 0.8"

GravityForce "0 -20 0"

CameraPosAdd "0 -0.05 0"

CameraSmoothPosNum "10"

AccurateClimbing "true"

MaxNoSlideSlopeAngle "45"

MaxPushMass "10"

PushForce "55"

CharacterMaxPushMass "15"

CharacterPushForce "100"

MaxStepSize "0.4"

MaxStepSizeInAir "0.1"

StepClimbSpeed "5.0"

/> 

But, if somehow I found out how to attach a model to the physical player. It would probably be a model you have already seen in Amnesia. (Ex: Grunt, Brute, Alexander, Agrippa...) Just to save the time it would take to make a actual player model. But (probably not) come a day if Amnesia multiplayer become a thing I would most likely become a actual "human" model. No longer a grunt put there a a placeholder. Tongue

(12-22-2013, 09:03 PM)Traggey Wrote: Funny thing here actually, I know a big part of the Avalanche development team whom made the Just Cause games though my games education in stockholm.

I've been discussing these things with THEM, and trust me, comparing their engine to HPL2 is something you just can not do.

The engine used for Just Cause 2 is the same one which they later built Renegade Ops with, which features Multiplayer.

This comparison is not something that should be made.

Ok, you have a point there and I will stop comparing them. But, what about the other games converted to multiplayer by other people? Such as GTA SA that has RenderWare as their engine? I can't see something like this being impossible. Just... borderline impossible. Tongue

[Image: header.png]
(This post was last modified: 12-22-2013, 09:21 PM by DreamScripters.)
12-22-2013, 09:07 PM
Website Find

Messages In This Thread
RE: Amnesia Multiplayer (Cringe as you may.) - by DreamScripters - 12-22-2013, 09:07 PM