Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Amnesia Multiplayer (Cringe as you may.)
DreamScripters Offline

Threads: 4
RE: Amnesia Multiplayer (Cringe as you may.)

(12-22-2013, 09:31 PM)Traggey Wrote: I wouldn't know about Grand Theft Auto, I had never heard of such a mod before this.

However again, the engine that game was built on was much more of a high priority engine for its time, and getting something like an open world game alike JC2 or GTA would not be quite as hard as something physics based such as Amnesia. The only real reason I would see to develop anything on the HPL2 engine would be physics interaction, and that's VERY hard to do in MP even with the source code, it's why we see things like Client Sided ragdolls in games.

And making a multiplayer mod for amnesia that would not be used to the main story of the game itself sounds like nothing but a waste of time, as you could with much less effort create something just like that using Unreal3 or Unity3D.

Ok, well thank you for you logical replies! I can see what you talking about. You could import all the content from amnesia and build it in something like Unity3D and make it multiplayer. And, I have actually thought about do this before. But then again, I had little to no experience with something like Unity3D. Also, I believe you would have to get permission for FG to do such a thing like this too. Now, I had a idea a little back which may seem unbelievably stupid to you because I don't even know how realistic something like this would be. My idea was that you could use Cheat Engine to get the values of the position of entities, get values such as ones used in the map script, and... some things actually fill themselves in then. Such as all the static objects of all client side obviously along with lighting and a few other things. After all, you would have the CS which has all the content on the host side so all you would (I think for the most part.) have to worry about if the position of entities and values in the scripts. I probably missed quite a few other points there but at the least to wrap it up my idea would be mainly about being able to pipe out these needed values (Which you could because they're all given a address too.) and sending them in packets to the other person at which the values would be applied to them. Crazy idea or not I don't know...

[Image: header.png]
12-22-2013, 09:51 PM
Website Find

Messages In This Thread
RE: Amnesia Multiplayer (Cringe as you may.) - by DreamScripters - 12-22-2013, 09:51 PM