Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.33 Average
Work in progress Amnesia - In a Heartbeat (Looking for Testers)
MsHannerBananer Offline

Threads: 34
RE: Amnesia - In a Heartbeat

(02-19-2014, 10:59 PM)daortir Wrote: Glad to see there's a mod with new assets coming up !
Going to give you my opinion on the screenies so far : >.

First screenshot is cool because it's a bit original, but the lighting is weird and the snow is in strange places. The ground is a perfect plane so it is suprising that piles of snow remain : ). There might be snow still, but it'd have to be very thin "pools". Also, there's no detailing except a few shrubs : /. It lacks some pebbles/small rocks/planks/random stuff imho ^_^.

Second screen is a bit akward because everything is clean and there's no detailing ><. I mean, if the building is abandoned I'd expect dirt/dust/spiderwebs, and maybe some stuff in the corridor. I dont know, random crates, metal parts, anything that might help making the corridor look more dynamic : ).

Third screen lacks a boxlight. And pointlights around the lightsources, I think I will create a topic about generic lighting one day (i'm not really good at lighting but there are mistakes that are a bit too frequent :/ ).

Fourth screenshot lacks detailing once again. It's empty and way too clean like in the second screen ; /.

Good luck with your mod, hope my opinion might turn out being useful ! : )

Thank you! Big Grin Any constructive criticism is welcomed!!

The snow I agree with, the lighting, I don't see how it's weird. They're street lights, and their light is only supposed to encompass a certain space. There isn't supposed to be random planks, but rocks, and other outside-related stuff will be added as per suggestion.

In the second screen shot, it's actually the menu map, so not much is going to be done to it from here on out, however if I happen to make a similar map, it would be an observation hallway, where scientists walk through to examine what experiments they are currently working on. So there wouldn't be much added to it anyway, because obstacles in an observation hallway wouldn't be very conducive to observation. It's hard to watch your experiments when you're trying to walk around boxes, among other kinds of clutter.

Third screen I SO AGREE. WHAT WAS I THINKING?!?! xDDD I realized this morning how stupid it looked, so a box light has been added, I'll put a more updated screenshot as soon as I'm able. The light sources do have point lights. You just aren't close enough to see them. I've had mod-friends tell me I'm light-stupid, so I've worked extra hard to try and not forget lighting stuff.

Fourth screen is supposed to be empty. There isn't a lack of detail, it's a doctors wing for a hospital, once again, no need for random objects to occupy space when there are perfectly good other spots said clutter. Big Grin

Thank you for your feedback! I really do appreciate it! :3

(This post was last modified: 02-19-2014, 11:29 PM by MsHannerBananer.)
02-19-2014, 11:25 PM
Find

Messages In This Thread
RE: Amnesia - In a Heartbeat - by daortir - 02-19-2014, 10:59 PM
RE: Amnesia - In a Heartbeat - by MsHannerBananer - 02-19-2014, 11:25 PM
RE: Amnesia - In a Heartbeat - by MsHannerBananer - 02-20-2014, 12:07 AM
RE: Amnesia - In a Heartbeat - by daortir - 02-20-2014, 12:41 AM
RE: Amnesia - In a Heartbeat - by MsHannerBananer - 02-20-2014, 01:28 AM
RE: Amnesia - In a Heartbeat - by 7heDubz - 02-20-2014, 01:17 AM
RE: Amnesia - In a Heartbeat - by daortir - 02-20-2014, 11:23 AM
RE: Amnesia - In a Heartbeat - by MsHannerBananer - 02-26-2014, 04:57 AM
RE: Amnesia - In a Heartbeat - by tezpull666 - 04-25-2014, 06:00 PM