Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Someone help with my CS (read this!)
CarnivorousJelly Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 41
RE: Someone help with my CS (read this!)

No one said you aren't welcome here D:

We're just trying to encourage you to do things yourself and learn x3 Try not to be so hard on yourself - no one does things perfectly the first time!

(03-15-2014, 11:45 AM)Straxedix Wrote: Kia that is really nice from you Smile
But i just started with maps engine scripts and stuff this is new from me
first i want make a conversion mod that will be played about 45 minutes to 2 hours maybe and more Big Grin
Length is not necessarily quality - make sure the game's length is appropriate for the story line AND for your skill level. Take a look at the 24-hour mapping challenge, Insomnia, and Hunter. They're all under 30 minutes, but they're all very good Custom Stories

(03-15-2014, 11:45 AM)Straxedix Wrote: Next i'm not pro but i will GIVE ALL I CAN to map don't be 2 walls,celling,floor and closet and monster...
I wanna make a map that will be REALLY scary without jumpscares but it wan't a lot of work,free time,script skills and stuff
So that's why i asked here but i see only Neelke wanna help and only he understand me but it's ok better something then nothing Smile
Like I said before: Most of us are willing to help you learn how to do things (like mapping, scripting, etc.), but not many will do the mapping/scripting for you. We want to see you grow and become awesome at stuff!

These links are a good place to start:
Again, if you need any clarification, examples, extra help, whatever - just ask c: We'll gladly help you learn new things!

EDIT:
One more thing - I found that reading through the Screenshot Criticism Thread helped me learn quicker, because I used the advice given to other people and applied it to my own maps.

Second Edit: Holy cow, it's like a wall-o-text party up in here!

[Image: quote_by_rueppells_fox-d9ciupp.png]
(This post was last modified: 03-15-2014, 07:33 PM by CarnivorousJelly.)
03-15-2014, 07:04 PM
Find

Messages In This Thread
RE: Someone help with my CS - by Neelke - 03-13-2014, 07:26 PM
RE: Someone help with my CS - by Straxedix - 03-13-2014, 07:32 PM
RE: Someone help with my CS (read this!) - by CarnivorousJelly - 03-15-2014, 07:04 PM