Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Script Help My collide functions doesn't work properly
Neelke Offline

Threads: 82
RE: My collide functions doesn't work properly

(04-25-2014, 03:54 PM)Mudbill Wrote: Perhaps it has something to do with when the autosave occurs. Perhaps it conflicts with something, causing it to not save the whole file.

What seems to be happening is that when starting a map, you have all the callbacks in OnStart. Later, back in the menu after saving and exiting, you load a previous autosave from that map. Once loaded, the callbacks that had already been added when the save was made no longer apply to the objects in the level, causing a major halt in the middle of the story (because these callbacks are often essential to progress). I don't think this happens every time, but I have indeed seen it happen in a video for one of my projects. It's kinda sad, because the player will blame the author of the story for it (as that would be the more likely cause than a fault in the game itself).

I guess so. For now I guess I have to deal with it. Until I (or we) can find a way to fix this thing, I have to keep working on the mod I guess.

Derp.
04-25-2014, 04:02 PM
Find

Messages In This Thread
RE: My collide functions doesn't work properly - by Neelke - 04-25-2014, 04:02 PM