Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Got any odd or somewhat ridiculous phobias?
ThatCrazyShaman Offline

Threads: 17
RE: Got any odd or somewhat ridiculous phobias?

(07-19-2014, 10:28 PM)eliasfrost Wrote: Sleeping in big, open areas. It makes me extremely uncomfortable.

I'm actually surprised that isn't a really common one, since you'd think it would be a natural instinct in humans.

(07-19-2014, 10:31 PM)Red Wrote: I've suffered from various symptoms of a pseudodysphagia. They come now and then, completely randomly. May last from a day to a month, but then disappear.
Don't know can you count that as a phobia per se, but it's somewhat related, I think.
Feel of fear, having anxiety againts something particular.

It qualifies as a phobia as far as I'm concerned.
My grandmother had an issue with that after she choked on her pills one day. I kept telling her that taking them all at once was a bad idea, and she wouldn't listen.

Come to think of it, certain types of clowns. Something I’m working on got me thinking about this.
Spoiler below!
While a lot of people are scared of clowns as kids, I think my distaste for them stems directly from one of my earliest memories, which, as far as I can recall, might have been the earliest in my life I experienced a hallucination.
I was very young at the time [I can’t be quite certain how young, but it was very early on], and I had probably just been put down for a nap, but I was wide awake and kept walking about to occupy myself. My aunt and my cousin came in to say goodbye before leaving, and once they’d gone, I was all alone in the room again, which was a tad frightening to me at that age. The room, which later became my grandfather’s study, was always rather dark; it was part of the short hallway that led back to two of the bedrooms and the bathroom, with one window that barely let in any light thanks to the mass of hydrangeas growing outside. I really wouldn’t be surprised if this memory is the reason why I refused to sleep with the lights off until I was six.
I couldn’t fall asleep, so I was just sitting there, looking around the room. Everything seemed normal until suddenly I was greeted by the sight of a three-headed clown [each head with a different facial expression – happy, neutral and sad] stepping out of the darkness and walking towards me. I completely lost it until my mother finally came and retrieved me.
As a result, I was utterly petrified of clowns as a child [except Emmet Kelly, oddly]. I couldn’t get within thirty yards of one without getting upset. When I was in the hospital, a pair of clowns came to visit me and I hid under the covers until they finally left. I didn’t get over this phobia until my teenage years, and even then, I still dislike some clowns – primarily Harlequin clowns, which resemble the three-headed monstrosity from my childhood.

...The only people worthy of consideration are the unusual ones. Common folks are like the leaves of a tree, and live and die unnoticed. - L. Frank Baum
(This post was last modified: 07-19-2014, 11:00 PM by ThatCrazyShaman.)
07-19-2014, 10:52 PM
Find

Messages In This Thread
RE: Got any odd or somewhat ridiculous phobias? - by ThatCrazyShaman - 07-19-2014, 10:52 PM