Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Got any odd or somewhat ridiculous phobias?
ThatCrazyShaman Offline

Threads: 17
RE: Got any odd or somewhat ridiculous phobias?

(07-20-2014, 11:38 PM)Mechavomit Wrote: I have a severe, yet ridiculous fear of dentists.
I'm gonna be honest, I haven't been to one for at least 8 years. I brush my teeth several times a day, they never hurt, but I know pretty well that that doesn't mean they're healthy. I have occasional nightmares about dentists. The doctors themselves never appear in my dreams, but my teeth get damaged/fall out which means that I have to visit one and that is the point when I wake up in cold sweat.
It's RIDICULOUS! I NEVER had a bad experience with dentists, in fact, all of them were pretty decent. I have no idea where this fear comes from, but it's strong enough to stop me from calling and making an appointment when I want to do it.

While it's an unfounded phobia, it's an understandable one. I, for one, don't care for the idea of someone poking around in my mouth, let alone doing any sort of procedure.

The way you feel about dentists is actually the way I feel about podiatrists. Namely because I had one who was an incompetent moron and didn't know how to properly use a needle.

...The only people worthy of consideration are the unusual ones. Common folks are like the leaves of a tree, and live and die unnoticed. - L. Frank Baum
07-26-2014, 11:17 PM
Find

Messages In This Thread
RE: Got any odd or somewhat ridiculous phobias? - by ThatCrazyShaman - 07-26-2014, 11:17 PM