Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
Discussion about Depth and other movies
Paddy™ Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 43
RE: Discussion about Depth and other movies

(01-04-2015, 07:27 PM)Macgyverthehero Wrote: Oh, I forgot they mentioned that, thanks for the reminder.

Also, this next thing I want to mention is not really a movie (but was adapted into one) but has anyone ever read the book "Sphere"? It's also one of those stories about isolation under the sea like The Abyss, but I think a little more in SOMA's direction.

Good observation! Jens actually mentioned "Sphere" as one of the inspirations for SOMA:

Jens Wrote:Science fiction beneath the surface, makes us think of Jules Verne - is his works an inspiration?

"Yeah, possibly," says Nilsson and chuckles. "Maybe a little bit. I think the biggest, if we take like movie inspirations then, of course you have The Sphere and The Abyss. Those are our sort of movie inspirations for it."

You're thinking like a true FG sicko Cool

I saw the movie, but I haven't read the book. I haven't seen it since I was a kid though, so all I remember about it is the actual sphere and Sharon Stone yelling at someone haha.

01-04-2015, 07:47 PM
Find

Messages In This Thread
RE: Discussion about Depth and other movies - by Paddy™ - 01-04-2015, 07:47 PM