Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
Discussion about Depth and other movies
Noisecode Offline

Threads: 1
RE: Discussion about Depth and other movies

(09-29-2015, 03:20 PM)Paddy™ Wrote:
(09-29-2015, 03:01 PM)TheTieMan Wrote: The woman at the start and the end of the video, who is she?

It's Imogen Reed (the same character you see in the rest of the video, but with longer hair). The parts at the beginning and end of the video seem to be memories/flashbacks showing her life before she found herself in PATHOS-II. You can see the actress (Trin Miller) prepping for those shots here.

EDIT: Ashtoreth just said something to me which I found pretty interesting. What if those aren't flashbacks, but flash-forwards to Imogen living inside the ARK?

That would make the most sense i think. Besides...according to in game lore, when your mind is scanned, it copies everything about you at the moment of the scan
Spoiler below!
simon is seen wearing the same clothes in the ark that he had on at the start of the game
so if she got scanned at some point after Vivarium / Mockingbird when she still had long hair then the copy on the ark would have long hair. I'm assuming. Who knows.

Also..............Was that Catherine Chun during the dream sequence? or someone speaking about Catherine ?

Am I also right in assuming she was scanning for life in the ocean?

(09-29-2015, 05:18 PM)caffeine4671 Wrote: Suddenly the 'Warning' message makes sense. I could easily see how her angry 'not for us! we're going to die!' could be misinterpreted and her nightmarish suicide in the dream would seem like contradictory behavior.

That is all true.........but the real Bladerunner-esque question is......how did said dream / message end up in a faulty Lumar Buoy near Upsilon?

[Image: signature015.jpg]
(This post was last modified: 09-29-2015, 07:54 PM by Noisecode.)
09-29-2015, 07:52 PM
Find

Messages In This Thread
RE: Discussion about Depth and other movies - by Noisecode - 09-29-2015, 07:52 PM