Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
Discussion about Depth and other movies
Noisecode Offline

Threads: 1
RE: Discussion about Depth and other movies

(10-03-2015, 06:56 PM)ShadowDraft Wrote:
(10-03-2015, 06:20 PM)Noisecode Wrote:
Quote:
Spoiler below!

So she basically became the weird screaming woman cyborg that guards the power cell at the upper Omicron level.

Not necessarily... It seems that the girl was the WAU's first attempt to preserve life. The fact that the WAU intentionally injured her pretty much makes it malevolent at this point.

I thought this girl had more scenes, as I recall seeing behind the scenes pictures of her talking to Golaski. I hope not too much of this has been cut. Undecided

What? WAU didn't have the intention to injure anyone at that point. To me this looks like an unfortunate accident.

Don't get me wrong this is clearly after the comet hit earth and WAU starts it's projects to protect humanity but it's not malevolent towards the survivors. Only the failed projects are looking to harm others.

With how that scene played out my guess would be that WAU has started increasing the structure gel pressure in all the walls to build towards .. something. And Jessica applied too much pressure on that wall which lead to a breach.

At least that's my theory right now. I could be proven wrong but seeing that WAU tries to fix her in the last scene makes more sense that way.

I'm afraid we will have to agree to disagree....

in my interpretation, Jessica being critically injured seemed very intentional because so long as she was not incapacitated the WAU would not be able to........ "Augment" her.

This is just my opinion and interpretation mind you.

I don't think it was trying to kill her per se...... but put her into a vegetative state to make her easier to change? absolutely intended. And with no visible surveillance camera in the room, her hammering on the wall gave her position to the WAU so it knew what pipe to rupture at just the right moment.

[Image: signature015.jpg]
10-03-2015, 11:12 PM
Find

Messages In This Thread
RE: Discussion about Depth and other movies - by Noisecode - 10-03-2015, 11:12 PM