Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Serious Request! In search of SERIOUS team members for unity horror project
ZyLogicX Offline

Threads: 24
RE: Serious Request! In search of SERIOUS team members for unity horror project

(10-25-2014, 10:14 PM)Lazzer Wrote:
(10-25-2014, 09:29 PM)ZyLogicX Wrote: Anyone that is considering joining dnalange's team, I would suggest to read these forum posts (post #96 onwards)

http://www.frictionalgames.com/forum/thr...ge-10.html

Thing is, you can't be 100% sure who says the truth. HumiliatioN as well as DnALANGE might be not telling us 100% proof.

For example, if I create a map and give it to someone but I will tell him not to use it in his project, and the guy who got my map puts it shamelessly on forums or moddb, can someone except me and the other guy know who originally made the map?

You missed the point: it is not about who is right or wrong in this matter. It is merely posted here as a reference for what people may stumble upon when joining this team.

It is visually the same process that every job interviewer and interviewee follows before the actual conversation occurs: you gather information about the individual; and try to assess that information to increase your chances of success. And if you believe that they do not Google your name before the interview (anywhere), you have a lack of information.

If you are invited to a job interview for a fashion shop, but, after some information gathering, you find out that the owner has bankrupted 3 of his previously established shops: the chances are relatively high of him bankrupting this shop aswell and leaving you unemployed. If you would be clever enough to gather some information and assess that information, you might have thought that "it didn't feel right" and you would have discarded it and might possibly be working in a company that performs quite well.

Quote:I'm not 100% sure if it's a good idea to judge either HumiliatioN or DnALANGE if we don't have enough solid evidences. It's a case between those two guys.

Anyone that would not take the time to critically think, read (or listen) would agree with you. In other words, "surface listening."

What you are saying is the following:
You come across your colleague Fred in the hallway. You: "Hi Fred, How are you?"
Fred frowns, look down, shifts his weight uncomfortable, seems to be hunting for words and then says quietly, without eye contact "Uh, fine, I guess." And then, he collects himself takes a breath, and looks you in the eye as he determinedly, but not convincingly , says a little louder "I'm, uh, fine. How are you?"

So how is Fred? His words say "I'm fine". Great, Fred is fine. If you are just surface listening, you can draw that conclusion.
If you actually took the time to critically assess the information given to you, and pay attention to Fred's body language, subtle facial expressions, tone of voice and gestures, you might hear a very different message:
"Actually, I am not fine. I have a serious problem that I think I might want to discuss with you. But I won't do that unless I get some kind of commitment from you that you really care about my problem, because it is kind of a personal issue. If you don't want to get involved, though, I won't bother you with it, and I'll just pretend that everything is okay". That is all that Fred was saying with "I'm fine".

Beyond the Mountains of Madness [15%]
This forum is dying.
(This post was last modified: 10-27-2014, 12:11 PM by ZyLogicX.)
10-26-2014, 12:02 PM
Find

Messages In This Thread
RE: Serious Request! In search of SERIOUS team members for unity horror project - by ZyLogicX - 10-26-2014, 12:02 PM