Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A Suggestion for Future Let's Play Posts
AGP Offline

Threads: 45
RE: A Suggestion for Future Let's Play Posts

It's funny you use that example, Rom, because that is one of the exact ones I was thinking about. He has two threads each promoting the same thing (whether or not it's the same video I couldn't tell you, but definitely two videos of the same playthrough in two different threads).

And I'm agreed, it's not a sin to advertise yourself, but it's just the fact there are several people who sign up to the forum and drop such a post as the one you mentioned and then fly off into the night.

It's great that people try to reach out and attract a certain audience (it make sense for someone who wants to specialize in custom story oriented videos to want to join the forum and discuss with the people who make them) and actually talk about their channel. This "just watch my videos because their mine and I want views" stuff is just... I don't know. I'd hate to say pathetic, but yeah, it feels kind of pathetic. :/

It would just be good to find a way to promote those who participate and want to be a part of this community than those who say "hey watch my videos because".

(This post was last modified: 11-25-2014, 12:39 AM by AGP.)
11-25-2014, 12:38 AM
Find

Messages In This Thread
A Suggestion for Future Let's Play Posts - by AGP - 11-24-2014, 11:43 PM
RE: A Suggestion for Future Let's Play Posts - by AGP - 11-25-2014, 12:38 AM