Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
possible to turn an .expobj into an entity?
MrBehemoth Offline

Threads: 19
RE: possible to turn an .expobj into an entity?

Since an entity can only have one mesh, short answer is no, but there are ways around it that you could try. I've done similar things both these ways before.

1) You could import the .dae's into a 3D package and export them as submeshes of a single .dae. I had some issues with materials when I tried this with blender, but it was easy enough to fix by editing the exported .dae in np++.

2) Another way that just uses the HPL tools would be to have multiple entities that all move at the same time. You could attach the planes and billboards to one of the entities, and give all the entities the same size bodies so that they move the same distance, because the move distance is proportional to the bounding box of the bodies. (If that causes a problem, you can include shapes that are separate (at a distance) from the mesh, say outside of your map.) If you want the doors to open, you would have to switch the MoveObject entity for the SwingDoor entity at the right time.

Either way is fiddly, but can work. Have fun!

01-11-2015, 08:20 PM
Find

Messages In This Thread
RE: possible to turn an .expobj into an entity? - by MrBehemoth - 01-11-2015, 08:20 PM