Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Discussion: Monster Behavior in SOMA (Mild Spoilers)
Damascus Rose Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 22
RE: Discussion: Monster Behavior in SOMA (Mild Spoilers)

I found the monsters much scarier than amnesia for some reason. It could be that I can't remember my first playthrough that well, but I think it's because the amnesia monsters just despawn after a while. You could figure that out by the music queues very easily and then it loses effect. It worked for that game but because it's been copied so much it couldn't work again. In SOMA you are forced to figure out these creatures the wau has created and face them. It definitely wasn't perfect and got frustrating at times but I felt it was a much better system, most notably the jiang shi and mr. akers. the one at tau was cool and creepy but his behaviour sucked.

For the life of me I cannot understand why some people felt them to not be scary and say this game isn't as scary as amnesia. For me it was tons worse.

[Image: damascusrose2.png]
(This post was last modified: 10-08-2015, 08:48 AM by Damascus Rose.)
10-08-2015, 08:45 AM
Find

Messages In This Thread
RE: Discussion: Monster Behavior in SOMA (Mild Spoilers) - by Damascus Rose - 10-08-2015, 08:45 AM