Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Community Updates/Features Requests for HPL3 Editors
RedMser Offline

Threads: 12
RE: Community Updates/Features Requests for HPL3 Editors

(09-24-2015, 07:36 PM)Mugbill Wrote: You can change the color scheme using a different skin if you'd like. Kinda like when I uploaded the "simple clean" skin I did, you can use the same method to change the colors. The thing is, you gotta color different .tga files. Including more schemes would increase the size because of all the images, and most people aren't gonna need them.

I think the best way would be to either keep them separate, or just leave it to the community. HOWEVER, if there were to be a way to change skins without having to overwrite the "default" folder in /gui (assuming it's the same setup as Amnesia), that would be great. It would encourage more people to make them.

Example:
- Go to editor options > Preferences
- Get a drop down list of all skins installed (like fetch the name of the folder or a specific file)
- Select it, then use that folder for loading textures. I'm sure a required restart would be the easiest to apply, rather than on the go.

Oh wow, thanks a lot! Didn't snoop around the folders long enough to find those! Big Grin
Thought it was all hard-coded into the engine / editor's exe file.

I didn't know the GUI used that many images, but I was more just out to change the colors, which doesn't require much space at all. With only 27 KB for the images + 19 KB for the skin file, I don't think adding a few skins is too much space waste, as opposed to the supersecret.rar for example :p
(This post was last modified: 09-26-2015, 12:23 PM by RedMser.)
09-26-2015, 12:20 PM
Find

Messages In This Thread
RE: Community Updates/Features Requests for HPL3 Editors - by RedMser - 09-26-2015, 12:20 PM