Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Issue: I simply refuse to use the stun gun on any robot in Delta
Sirandar Offline

Threads: 1
RE: Issue: I simply refuse to use the stun gun on any robot in Delta

(09-24-2015, 06:13 AM)Sirandar Wrote: This is a very well done and intriguing game.

Sadly, I am stuck in Delta as I refuse to use the stun gun on any robot knowing what I know in the context of the game.

Sorry, I am not your bitch and I simply won't finish the game and I will never buy a Frictional product again unless an alternate course of action is given.

If there already is an alternate I can't find it, have looked hard enough and it is not posted on the Internet yet ..... but obviously disregard this message.

There is no possible reason other than making the player your bitch not to offer an alternate.

Sigh ..... I was hoping somebody had an alternate course of action at this point in the game .... sadly they do not.

When you make a thoughtful game, thoughtful people are going to play it. They get upset when you force them to violate their moral code for a stupid junk item.

If you want to look at a similar compelling game that doesn't violate the player see: The Vanishing of Ethan Carter.

Technically, I guess I would be classified as a hater in this particular case .... but my hate is directed at an extremely specific aspect and situation of the game because the developers go out of their way to force me to break my moral code .... all for a stupid disposable item that they could have placed somewhere.

Frictional really had 3 choices at this point in the game:

1) Do it exactly as they did it
2) Allow the player a alternate choice of action for attaining the item
3) Give the player a choice to end the game on their own terms preferably in a satisfying way.

Given choice 2 or 3, I wouldn't be posting here ....

The test tells more about the tester than the testee ....

Game deleted, future games from Frictional ignored. Sad, so much promise.

Wrote GRRZ:

"seems to have the intelligence of a toaster" = but always in around at the right time and assists the player AND "seems" is a very tricky word

"and it gets more disturbing later" thanks but no thanks How the gaming world operates 1) setup to promote player investment 2) Enslavement 3) Forced manipulation of moral codes
(This post was last modified: 09-24-2015, 04:18 PM by Sirandar.)
09-24-2015, 03:13 PM
Find

Messages In This Thread
RE: Issue: I simply refuse to use the stun gun on any robot in Delta - by Sirandar - 09-24-2015, 03:13 PM