Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Issue: I simply refuse to use the stun gun on any robot in Delta
Sirandar Offline

Threads: 1
RE: Issue: I simply refuse to use the stun gun on any robot in Delta

(09-24-2015, 04:16 PM)KommissarK Wrote: If your moral code includes not shutting down anything more sophisticated than toasters, how the hell did you make it to Delta?

I mean in all seriousness, why didn't you state your frustration at the first time you have to unplug a robot and there is absolutely no other choice? Why is it at Delta that you are now upset? Because you think there might be an alternate solution?

Earlier choices were problematic too:
Spoiler below!
I had to unplug or torture two robot/human hybrids earlier in the game. I hated doing the first one with the switch and tried my best to inflict minimal pain and tried to save it and checked after whether I could revive it. Of course I could not ... that would be empowering for the player. At this point in the game my character had no clear idea of what was happening. It was an ugly forced dichotomous choice and my opinion of the developer dropped.

The second one was being forced to live through parasitism by electronic infestation and may have been in that state of presumed suffering for 100+ years. I hated pulling the plugs out but would have done so no matter what the plot outcome.

Choosing to use the stun gun on two non-combative free living robot life forms to get a stupid chip is totally another type of choice ..... a stupid forced choice with little clear benefit. At this point the player knows pretty much what the situation is.

Call me a troll or a hater ..... makes no difference to me.
(This post was last modified: 09-24-2015, 07:47 PM by Sirandar.)
09-24-2015, 07:00 PM
Find

Messages In This Thread
RE: Issue: I simply refuse to use the stun gun on any robot in Delta - by Sirandar - 09-24-2015, 07:00 PM