Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Issue: I simply refuse to use the stun gun on any robot in Delta
Tordo Offline

Threads: 0
RE: Issue: I simply refuse to use the stun gun on any robot in Delta

Barring the fact that the OP is a troll, which isn't out of the question, it's really not feasible to believe that the world will just revolve around your every whim.

I mean, if you don't like how the game forces you into such a position, then you can...stop playing it. Nobody's forcing you to. But to demand everyone around you to change to your liking is nothing short of naivety.

Feel like you'd have a tough go at life with that mindset. "I don't like this, so everyone else should change!" It's the equivalent of an angry, raging customer yelling at the waitress that the food served isn't up to his standards (but there's nothing particularly wrong with it), so the restaurant must reimburse him and then change the menu to what he likes instead while still trying to eat said food. It just doesn't work and in both cases, both establishments would probably just scoff at it.

In addition, in both cases, the solution really is simple: Just stop doing ____ then. It's disappointing you didn't enjoy it, but that's okay! Everyone has opinions, and it's not like everything can be subjectively fun for all. It's when you try to forcefully impose those beliefs on others because of your own subjective view of "enjoyment" that it starts getting grating.

It's not like Soma was advertised as a Mass Effect/Visual Novel/The Walking Dead-style game either where "your choices are supposed to have impact." There are such things as games with linear stories, Soma is one of them. Not every game will be like the before mentioned games, which try to openly advertise "choices."
(This post was last modified: 09-26-2015, 07:05 AM by Tordo.)
09-26-2015, 07:03 AM
Find

Messages In This Thread
RE: Issue: I simply refuse to use the stun gun on any robot in Delta - by Tordo - 09-26-2015, 07:03 AM