Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Issue: I simply refuse to use the stun gun on any robot in Delta
eddman Offline

Threads: 2
RE: Issue: I simply refuse to use the stun gun on any robot in Delta

(09-29-2015, 07:26 PM)hollowleviathan Wrote:
(09-28-2015, 08:28 PM)Sirandar Wrote: Dragon Age Origins had a similar issue to Soma and I never finished that game or bought any sequel. The issue was forcing me to drink the DarkSpawn blood and it was a major decision that should have had a lot of thought put into it by the devs.

For Dragon Age, forcing me to drink the darkspawn blood would be ok but what was needed was to give me the chance to actually choose in a satisfying way.

Choice 1 = drink the dragon blood
Choice 2 = State that Duncan is as vile as the Darkspawn he fights and attempt to hack my way out of the situation
Choice 3 = Recognize that you are outclassed, pull out your sword and end your life on it.

This was a major moment in the game wasted as the devs did it.

I also resented not being given a choice, but do you know who I resented? Duncan, not Bioware. He's the jerk forcing you to drink, just as all recruits have been forced beforehand. I resented him and the entire Grey Wardens. I saved the city/continent from the Darkspawn because the public didn't know or approve of this hideous ritual, however.

Just the same as the people on the ARK are worth my morals being compromised.

I really disliked that decision in dragon age too. The grey wardens' joining ritual was the most evil piece of crap I'd experienced in a game:

"You must drink this. There is a chance it might kill you, but if you don't drink, then I'll definitely kill you. Yeah, I didn't tell you that when I recruited you, but so what, it's done boy. Sucks to be you."

Just piss off bioware with your junk.

Later on I stopped playing it about, I think, 30-40% of the way, but there were other reasons for that, such as terrible graphics, unlikable characters, bad dialogs, utterly uninteresting plot, etc. The reviews fooled me.

Still, I didn't go to their forums, demanding for an alternative to be introduced in the game or I won't buy their games. That's just childish. It's their game and their story to tell.

I simply don't buy their games, mostly because I find them terribly overrated and boring.
(This post was last modified: 09-29-2015, 09:49 PM by eddman.)
09-29-2015, 08:56 PM
Find

Messages In This Thread
RE: Issue: I simply refuse to use the stun gun on any robot in Delta - by eddman - 09-29-2015, 08:56 PM