Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Issue: I simply refuse to use the stun gun on any robot in Delta
EnDash Offline

Threads: 2
RE: Issue: I simply refuse to use the stun gun on any robot in Delta

(09-28-2015, 08:28 PM)Sirandar Wrote: Lol, actually I have and yoga is a major part of my life. For me gaming is about expanding my awareness and experiencing the human condition. There hasn't been much worth playing recently. There has been a huge push toward enslavement in the gaming industry, especially in pay to play games.

i think you don't understand what enslavement means. being a slave means to be owned by someone else, and forced to do what he commands. no one is forcing you to play the game, no one is forcing you to buy the game, no one is forcing you to do anything. slaves dream of such freedom.

(09-28-2015, 08:28 PM)Sirandar Wrote: When you come home, and your wife is banging some dude and you murder them both,

i... what?

(09-28-2015, 08:28 PM)Sirandar Wrote: there is a very high level of coercion to the situation. Because we need to eat and compete, there is a very high level of coercion to many human situations. If you add conditioning on top of that you get a potent mixture.

actually there is a very low level of coercion, because the thing that "forces" you to do things in the situations you talk about are your human ego and pride. you can instead of murdering two people choose to leave them behind and go find more trustworthy people to be with. you were not "forced" to murder because "we need to eat and compete". you choose to murder because you felt ashamed.

(and by god i hope that situation was hypothetical with you)

(09-28-2015, 08:28 PM)Sirandar Wrote: When you play a computer game, you are an absolute volunteer (unless your addiction level is high), so in some manner it is a portrait of your truest nature. Action without consequence.

interesting. can a volunteer be considered a slave? i think they are both mutually exclusive. if as you say "when you play a computer game, you are an absolute volunteer" then you can't by your definition be a slave.

and that last part is in my opinion very true. which is why i like this game and i imagine why you hate it so. i learned something about myself when i killed the robot, you did also when you choose not to kill anyone. that part of the game wasn't an enslavement, it was a learning experience.
10-01-2015, 09:55 PM
Find

Messages In This Thread
RE: Issue: I simply refuse to use the stun gun on any robot in Delta - by EnDash - 10-01-2015, 09:55 PM